When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they were all in one place together.
While we know we cannot be "in one place together" just yet, with the help of God we are moving in the right direction. Please continue reading for information regarding the current status of public Masses in the Diocese of Providence and specifically at St. Mary of the Bay.
Bishop Tobin has issued directives regarding the resumption of public Masses in the Diocese of Providence. These links will help you better understand the changes and limitations you can expect.
- Bishop Tobin's Video Address to the Faithful of the Diocese
- Video for Parishioners - What to Expect in Light of Covid19
- Ten Points for the Faithful to Consider Before Public Mass
Beginning the weekend of May 30/31, Sunday Masses will be celebrated at their normal times: 4pm Saturday, 8am and 10:30am Sunday. Please refer to the May 31 bulletin (on this website) for information regarding capacity limits, attendance recommendations from Fr. Doug, and other details. Remember your MASK.
The 8:00 Sunday Mass will be broadcast live on facebook and available to watch during the day at The Warren Catholic.
Daily Mass will be celebrated at 9am online via facebook live at Warren Catholic through Saturday, March 30. Beginning on June 1, daily Mass will be celebrated publicly at 8am with the same limitations as the Sunday Masses and will be broadcast on facebook. You do not need to have a facebook account to watch the Mass. You can watch it live or at anytime during the day. Click on this link to be taken to the Warren Catholic on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/warrencatholic
Holy Hour will be celebrated each Wednesday evening at 6:30 until further notice on our facebook page (link above). Deacon John will lead us in Eucharistic Adoration, the Rosary and Benediction. This is a special time with the Eucharist in quiet prayer and adoration.
The Diocese of Providence has helpful information and updates on efforts to help us all through this difficult time. Please visit https://dioceseofprovidence.org/covid-19-response.
To see or subscribe to an e-newsbulletin from the Diocese of Providence visit https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Updates-from-the-Diocese-of-Providence-during-the-COVID-19-Crisis.html?soid=1101165338248&aid=CS3vydiVz4Q.
Spiritual Communion is a beautiful way of participating in the Body of Christ when you are unable to attend Mass. Remember that we are all his Body here on Earth and together we can overcome anything! Please use this link to some suggestions for Spiritual Communion
A Prayer to Combat the Coronavirus is available here https://ascensionpress.com/pages/a-prayer-to-combat-the-coronavirus-pandemic
Our office is closed for now but we will check phone messages and return calls as soon as possible.
Religious Education classes have been suspended for the foreseeable future. Families are asked to check email regularly for further information.
First Eucharist & Confirmation, which were scheduled for May 2 and May 3 respectively, are postponed due to the recent governmental extensions of the Social Distancing protocols. We will schedule new dates when we can, most likely in September or October. As always, parents will be notified directly by email. We look forward to celebrating these Sacraments with our parish families.
We rely on the generosity of our parishioners to pay our bills. So if you are in a position to continue contributing financially to our parish, please do so. You can use the link below to give online, or mail your donations to us. We also have a mail slot on the front door of the rectory on Luther Street. Thank you for helping us if you can.
Please pray for the health and safety of all our fellow citizens. Please be kind and patient with one another. By helping one another with charity and kindness we will come through these challenging days together!
Readings for the week of May 24, 2020
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 27:1, 4, 7-8  / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68:29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [cf. 7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
Beginning on Saturday, May 30, we will resume our normal Sunday Mass schedule.
PLEASE BE ADVISED that attendance will be limited to approximately 130 people at each Mass and you MUST wear a mask. (Those unable to wear a mask for health reasons are exempt from this requirement.)
Please refer to the Parish Bulletin of May 31 on this website for important information.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
Vigil Mass, Saturday at 4:00
Sunday Morning at 8:00 and 10:30
Daily Mass Schedule:
Beginning on June 1, the daily Mass will be a public Mass
celebrated at 8:00am.
The 8:00 Mass, Sunday through Saturday, will be broadcast live and available during the day at The Warren Catholic on facebook.
Click on the Image to Give Online!
Welcome to St. Mary of the Bay
St. Mary of the Bay Parish
645 Main Street
Warren RI 02885
Join us on FORMED
Check out this week's new content on Formed.
Click Here to go to formed.org and find St. Mary of the Bay Warren
- Father Doug Grant, Pastor
- Carol Silvia, Administrative Assistant
- Rev. Mr. John Pryor, Deacon
- Jan Francis, Facilities Manager
- Philip Beaulieu, Cemeteries Manager
- Carolyn Mello Pryor, Director of Religious Education
- Jean Oliver, Bulletin Coordinator
- Sandra Rainone, Finance Manager
- Sheila Zuccarello, Director of Music